[lsb-discuss] LSB conference call agenda (2011-05-25, 11am ET)

Jeff Licquia jeff at licquia.org
Wed Jun 1 10:57:42 PDT 2011

On 06/01/2011 10:48 AM, Wookey wrote:
> Does the LSB support windows too? I can't imagine any sensible binary
> compatibility between Linux and Windows binaries, so whilst I agree
> this is interesting (and Windows/MS will pick something and maintain
> binary compatibility for a vrey long time), I don't see how it's
> actually relevant.

No, we don't support Windows.  But it would be interesting (and
important, I think) for there not to be a significant difference between
Windows ARM hardware and Linux ARM hardware.  Could you buy a Windows
ARM system and load a Linux ARM distro on it?  And would any of these
differences affect the binary ABI for Linux on ARM?

This may be an ignorant question, I'll grant.  But, to just quote one
possible example, it could be bad if Windows and Linux were differently
endian.