[lsb-discuss] LSB conference call agenda (2011-05-25, 11am ET)

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Jun 1 11:03:29 PDT 2011

lsb-discuss-bounces at lists.linux-foundation.org wrote:

>>   - In addition to time and attention, the LSB workgroup would need
>> hardware for development and maintenance.  Is there anyone willing to
>> donate hardware resources for that purpose?
>
> Almost certainly. Debian has porter machines already for Debian
> developers, so does Ubuntu (I'm not sure what the requirements for
> access there are). I'm sure Linaro can get someone a board to work on
> if that's what's needed. (Or you can just buy one for <$150)

a properly constructed vm that can be run in qemu is likely sufficient
at this stage of the game, to be honest.  at the point where people
start running the bigger test suites, it's a good idea to be able
to do better than an emulator but we're some ways from that, and
should things get around to releasable, a dedicated "server" that
can handle regular buildbot builds of everything in parallel with
the other architectures would be the desire.

> So, as mentioned on the call the next steps are to make an 'arm
> branch' and database instance accessible to us 'arm people' (and give
> us a clue on how to make changes or send in data) and we can start
> working through making it correct.

I'll send some notes on this later (kinda swamped this afternoon).
All of this is stuff that's documented /somewhere/ on the LSB wiki or
elsewhere, but we're culpable in not making it straightforward to find.