[lsb-discuss] Linux security bulletins

David Cunningham dcunningham at voisonics.com
Sun Jun 12 16:39:08 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I realise this may be the wrong list, but perhaps someone can point me in
the right direction?

We have created a Linux security service which includes monitoring of
security updates for various distributions (RedHat, Centos, Fedora, Debian,
Ubuntu) so that we can report for each computer what packages need upgraded.

During this we found there is no standardisation on how distributions report
these bulletins. I think it would be great if every distribution offered,
for example, an XML feed in a standard format. How would one go about
establishing a project to make this a reality?

Thanks for any advice,

--
David Cunningham, Voisonics
http://voisonics.com/