[lsb-discuss] notes on LSB architecture addition

Steve McIntyre steve.mcintyre at linaro.org
Mon Jun 13 08:01:04 PDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 01:32:41PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>>the hosted instance of this does not have the experimental elements
>>in it, but it's not too hard to set up a local instance (it's a bunch
>>of php code, which connects to a mysql database instance, and
>>there's really only two places you need to configure - password/name/
>>other details of the db instance for navigator, and then whatever
>>webserver setup is needed to actually allow access to the navigator).
>>I imagine Linux Foundation could also host such an instance, but
>>that's not mine to promise :)
>
>Right. I'm setting up a local instance for now to get a feel for
>things. I'll probably be back to add questions as and when... :-)

... and here I am. I'm seeing quite a lot of errors when trying to set
things up using the instructions at

  https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/SpecDatabaseUsage

such as:

e102122-lin:~/lsb/specdb$ make restoreall
mysql -h $LSBDBHOST -u $LSBUSER --password=$LSBDBPASSWD -e "drop database if exists $LSBDB"
#mysql -h $LSBDBHOST -u $LSBUSER --password=$LSBDBPASSWD $LSBDB <setupdb.sql;
LC_ALL=C /bin/sh -c 'for table in [A-Z]*sql ; \
        do \
                set +e; \
                table=`basename $table .sql`; \
                echo $table; \
                mysql -h $LSBDBHOST -u $LSBUSER --password=$LSBDBPASSWD $LSBDB <$table.sql; \
                case "AbiApi AbiMacro ArchClass ArchConst ArchDE ArchES ArchInt Architecture ArchLib ArchType BaseTypes ClassInfo ClassVtab CmdStd Co
mmand CommandAttribute Constant ConstantAttribute DynamicEntries ElfSections Header HeaderGroup Interface InterfaceAttribute InterpretedLanguage Inte
rpretedLanguageModule IntStd InterfaceComment InterfaceVote LGInt LibGroup Library LibraryAttribute LSBVersion SModCmd SModLib SModStd ModSMod Module
 SubModule Parameter RpmTag SectionTypes Standard Type TypeMember TypeMemberExtras TypeType Version VMIBaseTypes Vtable RawDynamicEntries" in \
                        *"$table"*) mysql -h $LSBDBHOST -u $LSBUSER --password=$LSBDBPASSWD $LSBDB <$table.init ;; \
                        *) mysql -h $LSBDBHOST -u $LSBUSER --password=$LSBDBPASSWD  $LSBDB -e "load data infile \"${PWD}/${table}.init\" into table $
table" ;; \
                esac;\
        done'
AbiApi
AbiMacro
AppCategory
ERROR 29 (HY000) at line 1: File '/work/stemci01/lsb/specdb/AppCategory.init' not found (Errcode: 13)
AppInfo
ERROR 13 (HY000) at line 1: Can't get stat of '/work/stemci01/lsb/specdb/AppInfo.init' (Errcode: 2)
AppInterpreter
ERROR 13 (HY000) at line 1: Can't get stat of '/work/stemci01/lsb/specdb/AppInterpreter.init' (Errcode: 2)
AppJInt
ERROR 13 (HY000) at line 1: Can't get stat of '/work/stemci01/lsb/specdb/AppJInt.init' (Errcode: 2)
make: *** [restoreall] Error 1
e102122-lin:~/lsb/specdb$ exit

which suggests there are missing files. Is this harmless, or a real bug?

Cheers,
--
Steve McIntyre
steve.mcintyre at linaro.org