[lsb-discuss] Why is PRIu64 from libc absent in LSB?

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Mon Jun 27 07:48:27 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 6:14 AM, <shompola at bredband.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> PRIu64 macro from libc inttypes.h is absent in LSB. It will deal with
> possible differences in number of bits in the data type which we want to
> print making it portable friendly as far as I know.
>
> Is there a reason of why it is not included in LSB?

the generic reason is, for libc-related material, if it wasn't found in
POSIX, it's not present unless someone made a case for it.  Honestly, I'd
never even heard of these things, but they look like they're ISO C so there
shouldn't be any real problem, excepting that since they have to be
protected, it's going to look really messy in the header file.

Can't you provide these yourself?