[lsb-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2011 - The Linux Foundation is Accepted as Mentoring Organization

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:32:32 PDT 2011

Hi,

the Linux Foundation is accepted as mentoring organization for this
year's Google Summer of Code. This means that you from the LSB workgroup
can again have students working on your projects.

Students can apply from March 28 on, so please check our project ideas
list on

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/2011-gsoc-lsb-projects

and add any project ideas which you have for the Google Summer of Code
and which are not listed yet. You are also welcome to improve the
project descriptions which are already there and to volunteer as a
mentor. Please also answer any inquiry of potential students to assure
that you get as many applications as possible.

If you intend to mentor one or more students this year, please register
as mentor. To do so, do the following:

1. Make sure you have a Google account and you are able to log in.

2. Log in on http://socghop.appspot.com/ with your Google account.

3. If you have no user profile for the Google Summer of Code yet, create
one. If you have a user profile already from one of the previous GSoCs,
reuse this profile.

4. Under "Programs" -> "GSoC 2011" in the menu on the left you should
find an entry "Apply to become a Mentor" now. Click it. You will now
have to select the mentoring organization. It is the Linux Foundation
(Link ID: "linux_foundation", Short name: LF). After submitting your
mentor application I will get a notification so that I can approve it.
You should get a notification that I have approved you. After that you
have to fill your mentor profile. Only having done so you get a mentor
and can assign yourself as mentor for one or more students. To make it
easier for me to recognize your GSoC user name, send me an e-mail when
you apply to get a mentor.

I hope we will have a great Google Summer of Code 2011.

    Till