[lsb-discuss] LSB SDK Availability

mark.eaton at rsa.com mark.eaton at rsa.com
Mon Nov 28 00:20:17 UTC 2011

Hi, I've been using the LSB SDK to develop our crypto toolkits on across the various platforms for a number of years, but lately we have had comments from source customers that they are unable to obtain the SDK to use. The download page on the website has no links to the actual packages and if by some change you find a link to the ftp site it always gives temporarily unavailable messages. This combined with the fact that the lsbcc shipped with the latest versions of Ubuntu doesn't actually work with the versions of gcc they ship (I'm unsure of other distro's but it seems to be a common problem) means that people can't actually use the LSB for development.

Is this a known issue? And is it something that will be fixed?
Our team is trying to support approximately 50 platforms and the LSB helps tremendously by allowing us to only build a 32 and a 64 bit linux package but at this point I can't see any option but to move back to trying to build packages for Redhat, SuSE and Ubuntu separately.

Regards.

--
Mark Eaton | Principal Software Engineer | RSA, The Security Division of EMC