[lsb-discuss] LSB bug stats as of 4 April 2012

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Apr 4 13:10:26 UTC 2012

LSB bugzilla information:

I usually paste this information into the gobby meeting notes during the
weekly conference call.  This time, with the schedule odd, I'll drop it
here - dunno if anyone actually finds these useful.  If not, I can drop the
practice :)  (feel free to let me know if it's a pointless waste of
space/time)

Open bugs: 496 (495 assigned, 1 needinfo). 500 open last week.
New last 90 days: 163, last 30: 42, closed last 90 days: 101, last 30: 53
Changed this week: 4, last week: 47

Bugs that are assigned but have no milestone: 277
Note that such bugs are at high risk for not getting attention, as when
under pressure, LSB contributors typically work to clear a block list, and
since that is plenty to keep one busy, things not on a block list are never
in the forefront. What I actually want is to search for bugs which have
no milestone and/or don't block any other bug, but I couldn't see how to do
a search on the latter.  We intend to have a series of bug evaluation
sessions to review these bugs and decide some sort of disposition. I'm
hoping such a session can be scheduled soon.

Rollup bugs: 23.
Rollups usually track release events, although sometimes they track a
specific feature if it requires several bugs to describe the work.  There
was a release this past week but the associated bugs have not een closed.
This is partly administrative:  some of the bugs that were addressed also
require spec errata and so can't be closed (that's blocked on me, folks, as
I don't have time to generate such); since the bugs remain open it's then
not possible to close the blocker bugs that COULD be closed, because
they're still blocked by open bugs, even though you could say "the part of
XX that blocks YY is actually done".  This has been a long-standing
irritant; the blocker linkage could be broken, but that then
inhibits reporting of the type "product FOO described by bug YY had these
bugs (which blocked YY) fixed".