[lsb-discuss] request for meeting topic addition -- 'getting started in the LSB project'

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Apr 13 16:33:30 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Petrie, Glen
<glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com>wrote:

> Hi Russ,
>
> I work for Epson and involved in printing for mobile devices. Your
> example statement below, that a local printer will never be attached,
> needs a little elaboration and I believe my comments below can be
> applied to your general (and very important) concern of a mobile (more
> specifically, small foot-print device - a phone versus an iPad) solution
> or, specifically, a LSB mobile definition.
>
> A local printer may actually be attached by Bluetooth or other
> non-networked wireless protocol.

thanks for the thoughts, Glen.  There's a whole can of worms for
"mobile" in my opinion, and I'd say it's worthy of its own thread
(I think the subject gets lost if categorized under the subject of
these messages!).  I've given a bit of thought to it, in projects that
aren't considering LSB as an avenue.

Q: What is there in LSB that applies to devices that we'd think of as
mobile?
A lot? A little? Concept only? Different concept needed?