[lsb-discuss] LSB Updates: SDK, Checkers, 4.1

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Apr 16 17:01:59 UTC 2012

On 04/03/2012 09:11 PM, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Craig Scott <audiofanatic at gmail.com
> <mailto:audiofanatic at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     What's "slightly bogus" about the repo files? Hopefully nothing that
>     will negatively impact end users of these .repo files (such as myself!).
>
> mmm, now I have to remember.
>
> Here's the ftp site x86-64 repo file:
>
> [lsb-4.1]
> name=LSB 4.1
> baseurl=http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/repositories/yum/lsb-4.1/repo-x86_64
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=0
>

> I may have actually caused that to be slightly updated because my local copy
> only adds some comments and sets gpgcheck=1
>
> So it's not likely to cause a problem, I seem to recall there being some
> slightly worse issue at some time past.

I believe we set gpgcheck because of complaints from people who have
added our repository before, and then gotten rejections because of the
missing key.

We have a number of bugs filed against our repositories.  You can see
them here:

https://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?product=Infrastructure&component=repository%20tools&resolution=---

Most of them have to do with the fact that our repo setup is extremely
old, and doesn't reflect current best practices with third-party yum
repos.  Please do file bugs for any other best practices we aren't
following.

That said, I used the repo files recently on a brand-new virtual machine
to install LSB stuff, and they seemed to still work.
--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org