[lsb-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2012: 14 good applications but only 12 slots

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Apr 17 21:17:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:44:49AM +0400, Denis Silakov wrote:
> Maybe it would be honest to leave 3 slots for OpenPinting, 3 slots
> for LSB (these are points 4-6) and 6 slots for kernel-related stuff?
>
> Btw, is there any chance for some kernel projects to be implemented
> under patronage of another organization? (E.g., I remember there was
> a comment from Greg about KMSCON in openSUSE...).

Yes, KMSCON was also submitted to openSUSE, but I don't know how many
slots they get, so someone might want to try to bargain with them.
Either way, I _really_ want to get that project approved, I don't care
which orginization needs to take it.

And I really don't feel that the api checking projects should be
considered "kernel", as they aren't directly kernel-specific projects,
but I'll let you all decide that.

thanks,

greg k-h