[lsb-discuss] Question of "More Invovlement", "More Contribution", "More Submissions"

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Apr 18 16:45:13 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Petrie, Glen
<glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com>wrote:

>  All, start of thread discussion on the ….****
>
> ** **
>
> Question of "More Involvement", “More Contribution”, “More Submissions”***
> *
>
> ** **
>
> From today’s phone meeting what is the question trying to address ****
>
> ** **
>
> “More Involvement”****
>
> **-          **That is, helping with the overall LSB project; not just a
> specific set of code/doc.****
>
> ** **
>
> “More Contribution”****
>
> **-          **That is, submitting patches or bug fixes to the existing
> LSB code/doc****
>
> ** **
>
> “More Submissions”****
>
> **-          **That is, (like SANE) submitting additional code/doc for/to
> the LSB****
>
> ** **
>
> Maybe the answer is all three!****
>
> ** **
>
> I believe that each type of involvement above has it own solution; but,
> for me, I found the wiki page list below which I am trying to follow.   I
> basically copied the wiki page and made a template to be filled in and for
> tracking.  ****
>
> ** **
>

> https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/Book/NewABI#Adding_New_Interfaces_to_the_LSB_Specification
> ****
>
> **

ah.  I think there's another page somewhere, we have kind of lost track of
web resources.
the book stuff really is quite aged, although as a set of concepts maybe
this makes sense
(the online copy is a capture of what went into a hardcopy book published
in 2005, it has
not seen significant update)