[lsb-discuss] Question of "More Invovlement", "More Contribution", "More Submissions"

Stew Benedict stewb at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Apr 18 18:11:19 UTC 2012

On 04/18/2012 12:35 PM, Petrie, Glen wrote:

> All, start of thread discussion on the ....
>
> Question of "More Involvement", "More Contribution", "More Submissions"

For what it's worth we do have bits and pieces of docs, but seemingly
never enough or findable. Some I wrote when I first came on as an
employee and muddled my way through things:

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/LibToLSB -  partially obsoleted by
the next entry, but has info on writing TET tests
http://ispras.linux-foundation.org/index.php/LSB_Library_Import_Tools -
new ISPRAS library import tools
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/WrittenSpecificationHowTo - spec
bits of a new add
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/NewbieGuide - overview of bzr,
creating database, etc

These are all accessible from the
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB_Wiki, under "Contributors"

More were written during the ill-fated LDN effort on testing, building
compliant apps, and other topics that escape my memory now

Perhaps a piece that's missing is how something brand new gets
integrated into the whole, as several things would need to get hit then.
New bzr repo probably for the new tests, buildbot impact, yum/deb repo
impact, add to profile for dist-checker, etc.