[lsb-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2012: 14 good applications but only 12 slots

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 18:20:56 UTC 2012

So I am back for the next step:

Two of the students which we have agreed on to accept have also applied
at other organizations and got accepted there, too.

The two proposals are:

11. writable snapshot support for ext4 snapshot
     by Yongqiang Yang
13. KMSCON: A DRM based terminal emulator by David Herrmann

Both got also accepted by OpenSUSE, perhaps even with the same proposal.
And David Herrmann got accepted by BlueZ in addition.

So what should we do here? We have two student proposals on the "waiting
list" for which we can use the slots if one of the mentioned students
decides for the other org:

  9. Advanced Source Code Instrumentation for the Linux Driver
     Verification Project by Evgeny Novikov
10. Formalization of Correct Usage of Kernel Core API by Misha

How should we proceed? Who of (9) and (10) has priority when only one of
(11) and (13) will leave us.

    Till