[lsb-discuss] DBus for LSB scoping research

Craig Scott audiofanatic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 22:04:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei at suse.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've have some preliminary results for DBus integration.
>
> libdbus has 333 interfaces marked as GLOBAL, all of these appear to be
> fair game for ISVs. There's no ranking in order of importance. However, I
> have received somewhat mixed signal on whether or not we should concentrate
> on libdbus at all. From my point of view I do not see how we can claim that
> LSB supports DBus if we do not include these 333 interfaces.

One of the motivations for having dbus support is to finally include the
QtDBus module of Qt. It's a glaring omission within the LSB currently. I'd
suggest that whatever QtDBus needs is a bare minimum of what parts of DBus
should be included in the next LSB version.

--
Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia