[lsb-discuss] DBus for LSB scoping research

Denis Silakov dsilakov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:31:26 UTC 2012

On 04/18/2012 06:56 PM, Robert Schweikert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've have some preliminary results for DBus integration.
>
> libdbus has 333 interfaces marked as GLOBAL, all of these appear to be
> fair game for ISVs. There's no ranking in order of importance.
> However, I have received somewhat mixed signal on whether or not we
> should concentrate on libdbus at all. From my point of view I do not
> see how we can claim that LSB supports DBus if we do not include these
> 333 interfaces.
It seems that you count all GLOBAL symbols, but this set includes both
exported and imported symbols. To count exported symbols only, you
should exclude symbols with undefined offset. E.g., invoke smth like this:
readelf -Wa /lib64/libdbus-1.so.3 | grep GLOBAL | grep -v UND | wc -l

This gives 226 symbols on my machine.

Actually it would be more convenient to take a look at Navigator for
numbers in different distributions.

--
Regards,
Denis.