[lsb-discuss] DBus for LSB scoping research

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Apr 19 11:29:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei at suse.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've have some preliminary results for DBus integration.
>
> libdbus has 333 interfaces marked as GLOBAL, all of these appear to be
> fair game for ISVs. There's no ranking in order of importance. However, I
> have received somewhat mixed signal on whether or not we should concentrate
> on libdbus at all. From my point of view I do not see how we can claim that
> LSB supports DBus if we do not include these 333 interfaces.

again resorting to Navigator, there's are some common threads in the apps
listed which use libdbus:

browsers - firefox, chrome, seamonkey, epiphany
mailers - thunderbird, evolution
chat programs - pidgin, gaim
programs dealing with "media" - vlc, tracker, bmpx, rawstudio, k3b,
nautilus-cd-burner

and so on.