[lsb-discuss] compliant vs. certified (was Re: Unofficial LSB conference call minutes (2012-04-18, 11 to noon))

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Apr 19 16:59:10 UTC 2012

> We've also had several-year stretches where we waive the fee.  I think
> the cost associated with LSB certification is more about the time of the
> developer than the actual fee.

that is certainly true in practice; however, that's not the way people see
it.  Something you have to pay actual cash for is seen as more expensive
than stuff which is "free" but requires developer time.  Even if it might be
the other way around if you totted up real costs.  Human nature I guess.
(and company reality: it may be harder to shake loose a new unbudgeted
payment than to steal developer time that's already committed to be
paid for, even if it means something else slips)