[lsb-discuss] Will miss the 2012-08-08 conference call.

Carlos O'Donell carlos_odonell at mentor.com
Wed Aug 8 02:45:12 UTC 2012

Jeff,

When one can't go to an LSB meeting does one customarily say that in email
or via some other channel? I'd like to attend tomorrow, but I can't because
of other commitments.

I wanted to bring up the point that upstream glibc[1] has been talking with
Andrey Ponomarenko <aponomarenko at rosalab.ru> about documenting the running of
the ABI compliance checker[2] which was written by ISPRAS under contract
by LF for LSB. We hope this will help catch more ABI issues than we currently
catch with the ABI checker we have currently in glibc.

[1] http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2012-08/msg00103.html
[2] http://ispras.linuxbase.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker#Detectable_Compatibility_Problems

Cheers,
Carlos.