[lsb-discuss] Will miss the 2012-08-08 conference call.

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Aug 8 14:01:31 UTC 2012

On 08/07/2012 10:45 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> When one can't go to an LSB meeting does one customarily say that in email
> or via some other channel? I'd like to attend tomorrow, but I can't because
> of other commitments.

IRC or email works, either to the list or to the call organizer (usually
me).  We don't have anything quite so formal.

We'll miss you.

> I wanted to bring up the point that upstream glibc[1] has been talking with
> Andrey Ponomarenko <aponomarenko at rosalab.ru> about documenting the running of
> the ABI compliance checker[2] which was written by ISPRAS under contract
> by LF for LSB. We hope this will help catch more ABI issues than we currently
> catch with the ABI checker we have currently in glibc.

That's excellent.  We haven't incorporated the compliance checker into
our test flow yet, but it's a feature request that (I think) is on the
list for LSB 5.0.

But if you beat us to it, no harm done.
--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org