[lsb-discuss] Question on App Checker

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Mon Aug 13 19:39:39 UTC 2012

Hello,

I began testing SANE via the Linux Application Checker.

Officially, it is the abstraction SANE Dynamic Link Library that is
target for LSB 5.0 incorporation.   The results of AppChecker showed
only a couple of minor issue which I will discuss in a later email.

My concern of this mail note is that when I ran App Checker against the
SANE test application there a lot more identified issues.

I am under the impression that all App Checker issues "should" be
resolved but do they have to resolved for the Library only or do they
have to be resolved for the test application also (and any other
supplied software applications)?

Glen