[lsb-discuss] Question on a warning message

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Tue Aug 21 21:26:09 UTC 2012

Ok, I will try to update lsbcc

-----Original Message-----
From: Wichmann, Mats D [mailto:mats.d.wichmann at intel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:25 PM
To: Petrie, Glen
Cc: lsb-discuss at lists.linux-foundation.org
Subject: Re: [lsb-discuss] Question on a warning message

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Petrie, Glen
<glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com> wrote:

> And I get the following (warning?) message (which appears to come from
> lsbcc)
>
> unrecognized gcc version: "4.4.3"
>
> Do you having any hint of the resolution or do I simple ignore the
message?

Sounds like you have an old version, as the bar for "unrecognized"
was recently bumped to 4.7.  There's always a chance that something
interesting gets introduced that causes a problem (just recently
there was an issue of a new section type), so we're cautious and
let you see a warning (it's no longer a failure) for versions we're not
sure about.  Jeff knows the details of released versions but as I said
it looks like your lsbcc is out of date.