[lsb-discuss] unoffficial LSB conference call minutes for 19 Dec 2012

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Dec 19 21:25:06 UTC 2012

LSB teleconference

Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012 @11:00 to noon, US ET

Where:	(605) 715-4920 Access Code: 512468

Gobby:	gobby -j lsb-temp.pmman.net:6522 with passwd: LSB

IRC channels are:
 	#lsb-meeting at freenode.net during meetings
 	#lsb at freenode.net most other times

Attendees:
in the form : name (organization)  [irc_nick]
Jeff Licquia (LF)  licquia
Stew Benedict (LF)  stewb
Glen Petrie (Epson)
Russ Herrold (Owl River)  orc_emac
Rick Troth (Velocity Software) rickt

potentials:
Mats Wichmann (Intel)  mwichmann
Denis Silakov (ROSA Labs)  denis_silakov
Alan Clark (SuSE)  AlanClark
Darren Davis (SuSE)
Jiri Dluhos (SUSE)  jdluhos
Alexey Khoroshilov (ISP RAS)  Alexey
Carlos O'Donell (Mentor Graphics) odonell

Apologies:
==========
Kay Tate (SuSE)  ktate
Robert Schweikert (SuSE)  robjo

Posted Agenda:
=================

  - New library database status for LSB 5.0.

  - Anything else we want to talk about before the holidays.

New business:
=============

Meeting opens at 11:00 with:

Jeff went through the items linked off the Uplift page:

    https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/Uplift_Target

Holiday season causes us to not have a regular call again
until 9 Jan 2013.  We probably won't have the database changes
ready by mid-January, but work continues

Call ends at 11:40

Weekly Bug triage:
==================
The bug tracker is at: https://bugs.linuxbase.org/
irc-only #lsb-meeting at freenode.net
Thurs at 10:00 Eastern
Bugzilla stats as of DD MMM: XXX open, XXX open last week
FIXME
XXX assigned, XX new, XX reopened, XX needinfo, XX pleasetest
New last 90 days: XX, last 30: XX; closed last 90: XX, last
30: XX
Changed this week: XX, last week: XX
Bugs that are assigned but have no milestone: XXX
Rollup bugs: XX

last week's bug triage minutes:

http://stewbenedict.org/lsb/irc/meetbot/lsb-meeting/2012/lsb-meeting.2012-12-13-15.01.html

How to get involved:
  - register for a bugzilla account (free)
    https://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org/
  - join and lurk in the IRC channel
  - dial into the weekly call and participate
  - join in the edit of the weekly minutes in the gobby
    Free gobby clients available at:
http://gobby.0x539.de/trac/
  - join bug triage and resolution
  - file and fix bugs
  - review patches at the ReviewBoard
  - document matter in the wiki
    https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB
    (requires LF web account to edit, free)
  - set up and run a puppet build master and build slave
continuous integration tester
    https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB_Puppet
  - Read about editting the specification
    https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/SpecNewbieGuide