[lsb-discuss] Unofficial LSB conference call minutes (2012-02-01, 11am ET)

Stew Benedict stewbintn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:10:25 UTC 2012

On 02/01/2012 12:45 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
> Stew chimes in: scripted testing still works so far as I know, but
> snapshots are nonfunctional as to the scripting, so a web test start
> is being manually driven by him presently; also, the number of
> failures are not in the 500-1000, but in the 50-200 of so range (on
> leading edge/development distributions).  These results are presently
> published (pending formal LSB infrastructure being able to handle the
> load) at:
>    http://stewbenedict.org/wordpress/?p=38  and the links therein

I was mistaken about snapshots not being supported by the cli version of
the distribution testing. The tools is documented, within dist-checker
(I believe there used to be more documentation on the ISPRAS wiki):

[stew at acer ~]$ /opt/lsb/test/manager/utils/dist-checker.pl --help
  Usage: /opt/lsb/test/manager/utils/dist-checker.pl [OPTIONS] TESTS
  Runs one or more tests and produces HTML report.

  Examples:
    Run a set of tests:
      /opt/lsb/test/manager/utils/dist-checker.pl -D -s 'LSB 4.1'
cmdchk libchk

    Run all automated certification tests from snaphots:
      /opt/lsb/test/manager/utils/dist-checker.pl -v2 -D -s 'LSB 4.1' -S
'snapshot'  all

... ( a full page of options)

--
Stew Benedict