[lsb-discuss] Conference Call Minutes 2012-02-15

Stew Benedict stewb at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Feb 15 17:06:29 UTC 2012

LSB teleconference

Wednesday,  15 Feb 2012; 11:00 to noon, US ET

Where:
     (605) 715-4920 Access Code: 512468

Gobby:
     gobby -j lsb-temp.pmman.net:6522 with passwd: LSB

IRC channel is:
     #lsb at freenode.net
     #lsb-meeting at freenode.net during meetings

Attendees:
in the form :[irc_nick ]name (organization)
licquia Jeff Licquia (LF)
stewb Stew Benedict (LF)
mwichmann Mats Wichmann (Intel)
denis_silakov  Denis Silakov (ROSA Labs)
robjo Robert Schweikert (SuSE)
ktate Kay Tate (SuSE)

potentials:
Darren Davis (SuSE)
jdluhos Jiri Dluhos (SUSE)
AlanClark Alan Clark (SuSE)

Apologies:
==========
orc_emac Russ Herrold (Owl River)

Posted Agenda:
=================

  - Short discussion over /usr merge and FHS/LSB.

  - Infrastructure update and bug review.

  - Modularization proposals.

New business:
=============

Meeting opens at 11:00 with:

Jeff: FHS vs /usr merge
Robert: My question is whether the move (that is already happening)
violates FHS as proposed for 3.0. And once we've determined that make a
public post to put the discussion to rest.
Jeff: I'm wondering if these needs to be discussed in the fhs list. Is
there anything in the change that looks like a direct violation of FHS?
I know there are various references to /usr on a seperate partition.
Robert: There are ways to handle that in initrd/initramfs, to mount /usr
before proceeding with the rest of the boot.
Jeff: I'd probably need to go back and read FHS more carefully to see if
there are any issues.
Mats: I wonder if once things flatten if people will bother retaining
the symlinks to make things comply with FHS.
Jeff: So I think what we need to do is someone needs to float a strawman
on fhs-discuss and see what happens. I'll type up the proposal, tying it
in with stimulating the FHS-3.0 work/discussion

Jeff: Mats, do you want to talk about bug triage?
Mats: We should do some, when?

some discussion on schedules, decided on Thurs at 10:00 Eastern,
hopefully to be a repeating occurrence, in irc #lsb/#lsb-meeting at freenode

Jeff: Infrastructure progress. Buildbot is working for x86, x86_64, seem
to be doing fairly well. These may not be the permanent setups. Finding
some build issues, adding dependencies in puppet, buildbot, etc. Some
issues on triggering dependent builds.
Jeff: ISP/RAS wiki is now up. Seems to be mostly working.
Jeff: Currently working on getting ia64 and power64 machines up and
working. Some issues on getting the OS re-installed for both of these.
Robert: Doesn't need to be discussed now, but perhaps we need to
consider dropping ia64.

some discussion of distribution support of ia64, and hardware vendor support

Jeff: Other items - repos, urpmi support, LANANA, LSB workflow (appbat
testing), src.rpm repo, master database workflow (maybe through puppet,
or give people access), transition plan for "unofficial" bzr, autotest
upload, navigator issues

Jeff: Anything else on infrastructure?
Mats: Question came up on IRC whether we have a way to trigger a build.
Jeff: There's the web interface, and will bring the irc bot back.

End Of Call

Next meeting:
   22 Feb 2012 11:00 to noon, US ET

This document: LSB minutes 20120215.txt