[lsb-discuss] Puppet status

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jan 18 23:13:05 UTC 2012

As mentioned in the meeting (and the meeting notes), we're moving to
Puppet to configure the LSB infrastructure.  Configuration of our
servers will be done out of "lsb/devel/puppet-lsb"; apart from sensitive
configuration info (passwords, secret keys, and the like), we will
require that all server configuration happen there.

You can read up on Puppet at puppetlabs.com.  Info specific to our
configuration is documented in the README file in the root of the
repository.

It is live now.  I'm moving the configuration of the LSB VM into it, and
we've also added a second test node successfully.  There's a Bugzilla
component for reporting problems with it ("DevOps", under "Infrastructure").
--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org