[lsb-discuss] Data for goal validation

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jan 25 17:39:38 UTC 2012

As talked about on the call, here's what I've got.

It seems to me that interest in cross-distro building is still a popular
subject.  At my LinuxCon talk on that topic, I had pretty good turnout.
 When I built an app from source on Ubuntu, copied it to CentOS, and it
ran perfectly, a lot of people at the talk got excited.

Ditto for QA apps like the App Checker.  Every time I've done a demo on
that, it's gotten people interested.

It's anecdotal; no hard numbers.  But it's still possibly worth
something, and it does seem to corroborate previous experiences I've had
with demonstrating LSB stuff.
--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org