[lsb-discuss] Unofficial LSB conference call minutes (2012-01-25, 11am ET)

Kay Tate ktate at suse.com
Wed Jan 25 18:15:46 UTC 2012

 Thanks for the minutes, Russ. I had a quick clarification.

>>> R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> 1/25/2012 11:46 AM >>>
per Kay: (re: Chiphopper program) once the navigator was
working, the certifying ISVs were happy with the state of the
LSB's services

Actually, the Chiphopper program still delivered annual analysis on what languages were in use and what segments the apps came from while I was still there. However, we no longer tracked what APIs were missing from the LSB after the Navigator went into production. It did the interface work a lot easier than we did.  The language and segment data of the participating ISVs are items I will contact the current team about.

If we can get the 2011 ISV app data into the Navigator, it would be a good time to do analysis of what the apps found missing so that information could be summarized for the team looking at LSB 5.0.

         -Kay T.