[lsb-discuss] What id driving the current ISO hype?

Robert Schweikert rjschwei at suse.com
Tue Jul 31 00:21:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

After reading hopefully all the messages on the ISO topic I still do not
understand who woke the zombies?

For many years we in the LSB working group have worked to improve the
LSB and knowingly and willfully ignored the ISO certification. As Ted
pointed out, deliberate decisions were made against the ISO process and
the ISO certification. After all the discussion on the list, and the
initial phone call where the ISO spec came up for the first time in
recent history, I still do not understand what drives this interest.

Thus to the drivers, Carlos and Keld what is your motivation?

Thanks,
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei at suse.com