[lsb-discuss] Unofficial LSB meeting minutes 27 Jun 2012

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Jun 27 17:02:55 UTC 2012

LSB teleconference

Wednesday, 27 Jun 2012 @11:00 to noon, US ET

Where:	(605) 715-4920 Access Code: 512468

Gobby:	gobby -j lsb-temp.pmman.net:6522 with passwd: LSB

IRC channels are:
 	#lsb-meeting at freenode.net during meetings
 	#lsb at freenode.net most other times

prior meetbot minutes: (empty)

THIS meeting's meetbot minutes:
http://stewbenedict.org/lsb/irc/meetbot/lsb-meeting/2012/lsb-meeting.2012-06-27-15.29.html

Attendees:
in the form : name (organization)  [irc_nick]
Mats Wichmann (Intel)  mwichmann
Russ Herrold (Owl River)  orc_emac
Jeff Licquia (LF)  licquia
Stew Benedict (LF)  stewb
Robert Schweikert (SuSE)  robjo
Glen Petrie (Epson)
Carlos O'Donell (Mentor Graphics) odonell

potentials:
Denis Silakov (ROSA Labs)  denis_silakov
Alan Clark (SuSE)  AlanClark
Darren Davis (SuSE)
Jiri Dluhos (SUSE)  jdluhos
Alexey Khoroshilov (ISP RAS)  Alexey
Rick Troth (Velocity Software) rickt

Apologies:
==========
Kay Tate (SuSE)  ktate

Posted Agenda: -or -
=================

- Status of SDK release

  - Status of LSB ISO.  We'll have an actual ISO person on the
call, who can talk a little bit about changes to their process
and why we might want to pick that up again.

  - LSB 5.0 schedule.

New business:
as a Release Candidate and will 'promote' it in short order if
nothing bad emerges

Meeting turnover to: Carlos O'Donell.  He is a glibc folk,
also an ISO volunteer on behalf of a 'external member' of
Canada's 'SC22' working group, as to languages)

Carlos remarks: Having an ISO standard Linux as a way to show
industry inter-company co-operation ... European markets are
asserted to tend to look for 'standards adherence' as a use
criteria.  There is a 'fast track' called: ISO's Living Labs'

Mats: LSB issues from ISO process are in the LSB bugzilla, and
in theory are marked with the keyword ISO.  The two most
prominent from the original process are bugs 904 and 905.

Summary by Jeff:  The work represented in continuing ISO
certification is worth exploring -- the group investigate, but
need to understand the load it entails

5.0 Schedule:
respond on mailing list with thoughts on licquia's estimates
(posted today), schedule to be firmed up next call (two weeks)

Call ends at local Noon

Weekly Bug triage:
==================
The bug tracker is at:   https://bugs.linuxbase.org/
irc-only #lsb-meeting at freenode.net
Thurs at 10:00 Eastern
Bugzilla stats as of 27 Jun: 490 open, 486 last week
484 assigned, 4 new, 2 pleasetest
New last 90 days: 134, last 30: 37; closed last 90: 160, last
30: 50
Changed this week: 31, last week: 20
Bugs that are assigned but have no milestone: 214
Rollup bugs: 23

last week's bug triage minutes:
http://stewbenedict.org/lsb/irc/meetbot/lsb-meeting/2012/lsb-meeting.2012-06-21-14.01.log.html

How to get involved:
  - register for a bugzilla account (free)
    https://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org/
  - join and lurk in the IRC channel
  - dial into the weekly call
  - join in the edit of the weekly minutes in the gobby
    Free gobby clients available at:
http://gobby.0x539.de/trac/
  - join bug triage and resolution
  - review patches at the ReviewBoard