[lsb-discuss] Buildbot changes (docs, new job submit utility)

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Fri May 4 13:31:36 UTC 2012

A few changes are in the works for buildbot, for those people doing
development on the LSB:

 - I've added a wiki page for buildbot docs, and linked it from the
buildbot home page (http://www.linuxbase.org/buildbot).

 - For people with shell access to the main LSB VM (vm1.linuxbase.org),
there's now a command-line utility for starting builds.  It's called
"start_lsb_build".  It understands how our config is arranged for
projects and architectures, so, for example, "start_lsb_build devel
lsblibchk" will start the right builders for all the default
architectures.  "start_lsb_build --help" should give a good overview of
how to use it.

 - As mentioned in a few places (the conf call, IRC), we're changing the
way version control changes trigger buildbot builds.  This isn't done
yet; at the moment, no builds trigger from version control.  I hope to
have this fixed soon.
--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org