[lsb-discuss] Building LSB-compliant apps on a non-LSB compliant system

Dan Harrison nixscripter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 18:51:54 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Wichmann, Mats D
<mats.d.wichmann at intel.com> wrote:
> Another option would have been to build the bits from source.
> Hopefully that should now be supported in a moderately standard
> way, defaulting to /usr/local for installation.
>
> You can install it somewhere else by passing an appropriate
> INSTALL_ROOT on the command line.

Thanks. I'll remember that if I decide to try a build from source.

>> Thank you, by the way, for moving that out of /lib! The last time I
>> needed an LSB compliant loader a couple years ago, it was a giant mess
>> to get it working.
>

> Hmmm, LSB didn't change anything in this regard, as seen in:
>
> http://refspecs.linuxbase.org/LSB_4.1.0/LSB-Core-AMD64/LSB-Core-AMD64/baselib.html#PROGINTERP
>
> that's got to be a change made by Arch maintainers.
>
> Hopefully the names in that package are at least symbolic links,
> multiple linkers is a bad idea unless absolutely necessary.

I checked, and the two files in /lib are symlinks to /usr/lib. I hope
this means they did the right thing.

Any commentary on whether I should post the frame debug info or not?

--
Dan Harrison
"Would you like me to give you a formula for... success? It's quite