[lsb-discuss] A little more help needed.

Stew Benedict stewb at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Sep 17 23:08:38 UTC 2012

On 09/17/2012 06:56 PM, Petrie, Glen wrote:

> Mats, Stew
>
> I have been trying to track down why /usr/lib/libjpeg is used instead
> of the lsb version of libjpeg.   The only reference I can find in sane
> code to jpeg is --ljpeg but no explicit directory specification to
> /usr/lib/libjpeg.   I assume (probably wrong) that lsbcc make the
> default libjpeg path be the one for lsb (although I don't know how).
> Can you tell me if this true?   If so, I will have to keep looking at
> the sane code to find where the path is set.

Yes, it does. You can play around with setting LSBCC_DEBUG,
LSBCC_VERBOSE (see the man page) which will let you see how the gcc
calls get altered. I suspect it's libtool "helping" you at the link step
and trying to link the wrong lib. Since it's kind of out of lsbcc by
that point, things fall apart. I sometimes manage to get around this
type of thing by tweaking the environment at configure, usually digging
through the variables in the configure script and setting one to force
the correct path, or even patching the script. It doesn't look like we
provide a .pc file for libjpeg, so it's possible a system file is
getting picked up. Setting PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR vs PKG_CONFIG_PATH seems to
let one exclude system files completely.

--
Stew Benedict
Linux Foundation

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  http://events.linuxfoundation.org