[lsb-discuss] SANE Build Status and I/O Library support.

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Mon Sep 24 17:04:55 UTC 2012

Hello All,

Just a status update:

I reported last week that I could build all of SANE.  Apparently that
was not true!!!

I had to hard code the path for the jpeg library in the configure file.

- Still having an issue with the "frontend" (App's using SANE) Makefile
and the jpeg library

- working on it

/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: undefined reference to `__fread_chk at GLIBC_2.7'

/usr/lib/libieee1284.so: undefined reference to `ioperm at GLIBC_2.0'

/usr/local/lib/libnetsnmp.so: undefined reference to
`__open64_2 at GLIBC_2.7'

/usr/lib/libjpeg.so: undefined reference to `__isoc99_sscanf at GLIBC_2.7'

/usr/lib/libtiff.so: undefined reference to `__longjmp_chk at GLIBC_2.11'

If the "frontend" is removed from the Makefile, then the following link
error exist for SANE/tools

/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: undefined reference to `__fread_chk at GLIBC_2.7'

/usr/lib/libieee1284.so: undefined reference to `ioperm at GLIBC_2.0'

/usr/local/lib/libnetsnmp.so: undefined reference to
`__open64_2 at GLIBC_2.7'

/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: undefined reference to
`__isoc99_sscanf at GLIBC_2.7'

Actually, it makes more sense that fixing jpeg would not fix these.

1.	LSB has a libcrypto.so library; so will have to find out why it
is not called or hard code that path
2.	LSB currently does not have libieee1284.so or libnetsnmp.so.

	a.	So the error must be produced by the sys libraries using
an LSB library (libraries) that do not have needed support.

                                                               i.      I
will track down the dependency and which libraries are missing or need
updating.

I/O support

1.	Will LSB 5.0 have and can we add support to LSB 5.0 for IEEE1284
and NetSNMP?

Glen