[lsb-discuss] Fixes for LSB for SANE

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Tue Apr 30 21:59:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

For those working on LSB 5.0, I have conducted builds using LSB 5.0
nightly builds in connect with SANE integration.  I have discovered
three issues.   Once you have decided how to address these, I will know
how to address SANE code.

1.	Where is "ssize_t' is defined.

	a.	For gcc it is found in '<sys/types.h>'
	b.	For LSB it is currently found in '<lsb/types.h> '

                                                               i.
And not in '<sys/types.h>' in LSB

2.	Where is <limits.h> included by other system header

	a.	For gcc it is found in <sys/param.h>
	b.	For LSB it is not part of <sys/param.h>

3.	In 2010 ifaddrs.h was removed from inclusion consideration for
LSB 4.1

	a.	Should it be reconsidered for LSB 5.0?

Other than the above, SANE compiles under LSB 5.0 nightly builds without
any modifications.   Testing will begin tomorrow.

Glen