[lsb-discuss] Fixes for LSB for SANE

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Tue Apr 30 22:10:42 UTC 2013

On 04/30/2013 03:59 PM, Petrie, Glen wrote:
> Hi,
>

> For those working on LSB 5.0, I have conducted builds using LSB 5.0
> nightly builds in connect with SANE integration.  I have discovered
> three issues.   Once you have decided how to address these, I will know
> how to address SANE code.
>

> 1.	Where is "ssize_t' is defined.
>
> 	a.	For gcc it is found in '<sys/types.h>'
> 	b.	For LSB it is currently found in '<lsb/types.h> '
>
>                                                                i.
> And not in '<sys/types.h>' in LSB
>

> 2.	Where is <limits.h> included by other system header
>
> 	a.	For gcc it is found in <sys/param.h>
> 	b.	For LSB it is not part of <sys/param.h>

for these two...  references are included based on need, as seen by the
generator script.  the use of <lsb/types.h> is recent, and is for the
same purpose as the use in glibc headers of <bits/types.h>, it is to
deal with what would otherwise be unresolvable dependencies: A defines C
but includes B before it has gotten to the definition of C, and B needs
the definition.

sys/types.h /should/ include the definition of ssize_t, we can force it,
and see if something breaks (usually, fiddling with the headers breaks
something).

for sys/param.h, it's less clear what should happen.  Isn't it possible
for the code to include limits.h itself if it needs it?