[lsb-discuss] Fixes for LSB for SANE

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Apr 30 23:17:00 UTC 2013

On 04/30/2013 06:10 PM, Mats Wichmann wrote:
> sys/types.h /should/ include the definition of ssize_t, we can force it,
> and see if something breaks (usually, fiddling with the headers breaks
> something).

I found a reference in SuSv2 which puts ssize_t squarely in sys/types.h,
so this is a bug.  Glen, can you file a bug against the SDK?

> for sys/param.h, it's less clear what should happen.  Isn't it possible
> for the code to include limits.h itself if it needs it?

I wasn't able to find a clear answer on this one; different groups seem
to say different things.  I've found advice that POSIX actually promotes
limits.h and *not* sys/param.h, references to sys/limit.h, and some
ancient BSD headers which use sys/syslimits.h and machine/limits.h.

--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org