[lsb-discuss] unofficial LSB conference call minutes for 4 Dec 2013

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Dec 4 16:38:23 UTC 2013

LSB teleconference

Wednesday,  4 Dec 2013 @11:00 to noon, US ET

Where:	(605) 715-4920 Access Code: 512468

Gobby:	gobby -j lsb-temp.pmman.net:6522 with passwd: LSB

IRC channels are:
	#lsb-meeting at freenode.net during meetings
	#lsb at freenode.net most other times

Attendees:
in the form : name (organization)  [irc_nick]
Jeff Licquia (LF)  licquia
Mats Wichmann (LSB)  mwichmann
Rick Troth (Velocity Software) rickt
Russ Herrold (Owl River)  orc_emac
Toshio Kuratomi (Fedora Project) abadger1999

Posted Agenda:
=================

 - LSB 5.0 status.  Build failures delayed the launch; we're
going with x86 and x86_64 to start out.

New business:
=============

Meeting opens at 11:00 with:

A discussion of gremlins, goonies, and furbies started the
meeting.  The distinction between a Beta and a release
candidate confused the build system as we have not made a
major point release for several years

It is posible to manually massage a build past the builders,
but the SDK is omitting 5.0 parts to non i386 and x86_64
arches, so we will trim back the initial beta coverage ('Beta
I') to those two arches, and solve the others during the beta
period ... Beta II and following.  Ducks made a brief
appearance, in a row and quacking

Pre-formal anouncement, the content that will become the beta
is marshalled at:
	http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/staging/beta/

for those wishing to start testing, before some work on the
current top blocker, the app checker, is completed

Call ends at local 11:30

Weekly Bug triage:
==================
The bug tracker is at: https://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org/
(A former bug tracker was used, but is not longer active at:
    https://bugs.linuxfoundation.org/
for people doing research.  Please do not use it for new
filings)

Bug triage occurs weekly: irc-only #lsb-meeting at
freenode.net
*** FRIDAY* ** at 10:00 Eastern

Bugzilla stats as of 589 Dec: 589 open, (587 previous), 586
assigned, 3 new
New last 90 days: 48, last 30: 8; closed last 90: 17, last 30:
1
Changed this week: 3, last week: 1
Bugs that are assigned but have no milestone: 232, Rollup
bugs: 20

last week's bug triage minutes:
No triage last week due to US Thanksgiving holiday

Buildbot and Reviewboard:
http://www.linuxbase.org/buildbot/  OFFLINE
http://reviews.lsbtest.net/dashboard/

Next meeting: