[lsb-discuss] unofficial LSB conference call minutes for 11 Dec 2013

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Dec 11 16:46:41 UTC 2013

LSB teleconference

Wednesday, 11 Dec 2013 @11:00 to noon, US ET

Where:	(605) 715-4920 Access Code: 512468

Gobby:	gobby -j lsb-temp.pmman.net:6522 with passwd: LSB

IRC channels are:
	#lsb-meeting at freenode.net during meetings
	#lsb at freenode.net most other times

Attendees:
in the form : name (organization)  [irc_nick]
Jeff Licquia (LF)  licquia
Robert Schweikert (SuSE)  robjo
Mats Wichmann (LSB)  mwichmann
Russ Herrold (Owl River)  orc_emac
Jeff Johnson (Open Mandriva)
Rick Troth (Velocity Software) rickt

Posted Agenda:
=================

 - LSB 5.0 beta 1 is out!  How's it look?  What are we
missing?  What's on the task list for beta 2?  Release?

 - Holiday call/meeting schedule.

New business:
=============

Meeting opens at 11:00 with:

Beta is out; no reports of problems yet.  Thank Jeff for this
work

Mats mentions ncurses documentation needs work

C++11 discussion -- again, the upstream standard is itself in
motion, and might fairly be characterized as shipped partially
baked, such that GCC and others are chasing a moving target.
Tactically we will probably end up fixing as breakage is
noted, but emitting headers out of the database has proven to
be challenging, and so we will not get to a final solution in
5.0

Full list of TODOs for LSB 5.0:

 - Branch all non-branched tests for 5.0.

 - Fix beta builds for non-x86(-64) archs

 - Get s390(x) build slaves up

 - Build beta 1 for non-x86 archs

 - Finish turning on certain missing LSB 5 features in
database (the IntStd work)

 - Sanity-check upstream pointers for spec

 - Fix ncursesw database issues

 - Fix inconsistencies in GTK+ 3 pkgconfig files

 - Test, test, test

Holiday for Christmas day, and New Year's Day each fall on a
Wednesday, and are proposed to be cancelled

We will have a call the 18th, but the 25th and 1st look
unlikely --- ask in IRC if intervention is needed faster than
waiting for a conference call.

Similarly the following bug triage for the 27th and 3rd are
cancelled absent some need

Next Beta drop (Beta 2) goal for 8 Jan 2014

Call ends at local 11:40

Weekly Bug triage:
==================
The bug tracker is at:
   https://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org/
(A former bug tracker was used, but is not longer active at:
    https://bugs.linuxfoundation.org/
for people doing research.  Please do not use it for new
filings)

Bug triage occurs weekly: irc-only #lsb-meeting at
freenode.net
*** FRIDAY* ** at 10:00 Eastern

Bugzilla stats as of 11 Dec:
LSB bugs: 589 open, 587 assigned, 2 new
New last 90 days: 45, last 30: 4; closed last 90: 15, last 30:
X0
Changed this week: 0, last week: 3
Bugs that are assigned but have no milestone: 233
Rollup bugs: 20

FHS bugs: 69 open, 33 new (mostly old, not triaged)

last week's bug triage minutes:
Minutes:
http://www.linuxbase.org/irc/meetbot/lsb-meeting/2013/lsb-meeting.2013-12-06-15.00.html
Text: