[lsb-discuss] Call for volunteers: updating the LSB 5.0 uplift table

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Thu Feb 21 16:50:45 UTC 2013

A lot of time has passed since the last updates to
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/Uplift_Target

Unfortunately, this leaves us with this table heading:

Library LSB-4.1	SLES11 	RHEL6 	U10.04 	F16 	OS12.1 	U11.10

That is  we have "what's in LSB 4.1", then three stable/enterprise
versions, then three community versions which are feeders to
stable/enterprise versions.

However
- F18 is out, and is a better base for RHEL7.
- Ubuntu 12.10 is out, and indeed there's a newer Ubuntu LTS in 12.04
- OpenSUSE 12.2 is out, and 12.3 is edging closer, presumably better
indicators of future SLES

Is anyone able to put some time in to update one of more of those three
community distro columns?  Sorry this is a wiki table and is an utter
pain to edit when you're having to fill in down a column, I wish there
was a better way.