[lsb-discuss] unoffficial LSB conference call minutes for 16 Jan 2013

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Jan 16 21:13:57 UTC 2013

LSB teleconference

Wednesday, 16 Jan 2013 @11:00 to noon, US ET

Where:	(605) 715-4920 Access Code: 512468

Gobby:	gobby -j lsb-temp.pmman.net:6522 with passwd: LSB

IRC channels are:
 	#lsb-meeting at freenode.net during meetings
 	#lsb at freenode.net most other times

Attendees:
in the form : name (organization)  [irc_nick]
Russ Herrold (Owl River)  orc_emac
Stew Benedict (LF)  stewb
Jeff Licquia (LF)  licquia
Rick Troth (Velocity Software) rickt
Robert Schweikert (SuSE)  robjo

potentials:

Mats Wichmann (Intel)  mwichmann
Denis Silakov (ROSA Labs)  denis_silakov
Alan Clark (SuSE)  AlanClark
Glen Petrie (Epson)
Darren Davis (SuSE)
Jiri Dluhos (SUSE)  jdluhos
Kay Tate (SuSE)  ktate
Alexey Khoroshilov (ISP RAS)  Alexey
Carlos O'Donell (Mentor Graphics) odonell

Apologies:
==========

Posted Agenda:
=================
  - Final (hopefully) discussion of LSB 5.0 schedule.
  - F2F at next Collaboration Summit?

New business:
=============

Meeting opens at 11:00 with:

Jeff opens, acknowledging the pushback as to shifting to a
time based release, rather than a feature based release for
the initial LSB 5 development.  As such the schedule will been
to be flexible as to the issuance of LSB 5.  As to periodic
updates for the issued matter (the LSB 4 series), we have a
schedle to issue the same on a quarterly basis.  Next update
is coming up in February.  Jeff suggests we review 5.0
progress toward release next in mid-March

Robert suggests that we need to issue an LSB 5 in 2013

from: https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/LSB_Wiki

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/ProjectPlan50
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/Modularization50
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/Uplift_Target

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/SpecReview50 (empty)
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/en/TestPilot50 (empty)

Collab summit URL:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/collaboration-summit

Jeff plans to be present.  Robert does as well. Glen is a
half-hour drive out and plans to attend.  OpenPrinting
sometimes meets at the same time, but they are still figuring
out their schedule; they will do a joint meeting with the
Printer Working Group.

Call ends at local Noon

Weekly Bug triage:
==================
The bug tracker is at: https://bugs.linuxbase.org/
irc-only #lsb-meeting at freenode.net
Thurs at 10:00 Eastern
Bugzilla stats as of 15 Jan: 523 open, 519 open last week
517 assigned, 6 new
New last 90 days: 41, last 30: 13; closed last 90: 36, last
30: 11
Changed this week: 8, last week: 18
Bugs that are assigned but have no milestone: 222
Rollup bugs: 20

last week's bug triage minutes:

Reviewboard (proposed patches):