[lsb-discuss] Question on LSB and pkg-config

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Thu Jun 27 22:58:03 UTC 2013

Hello,

During my on-going testing of SANE for LSB - 5.0, I installed the video
lib 'libv4l1.so/a' which some SANE module support if the library exist.
Using the configure file for SANE without LSB, the video library was
found to exist through the use of a

>> /usr/bin/pkg-config -exists -print-errors -errors-to-stdout "libv4l1"

Thus, the configure file added the "capability" to the Makefiles for
SANE.

I changed to the LSB (for CC and CXX) and reran the SANE configure file.

I am trying to verify from someone on the mailing list that the LSB
(can/)will not intercept a configure file test like pkg-config.   Thus,
the test still passes, even thought the LSB does not support
'libv4l1.so/a'

Glen