[lsb-discuss] Betas for LSB Updates: 4.1 tests, SDK, Dist Checker, App Checker

Jeff Licquia licquia at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Mar 5 03:25:14 UTC 2013

I've created, at long last, the first release candidate for the February
release cycle, including updates for the 4.1 tests, the 4.1 application
battery, the SDK, and the checkers.

At this time, the packages are beta quality; they are expected to work
fine, but have not been fully tested.  We ask for volunteers to test
these packages and give feedback, either to this list or to our bug
tracker at https://lsbbugs.linuxfoundation.org/.

The easiest way to get the full set of beta packages is via the tarball
bundles, which can be found here:

http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/bundles/beta/

As with the regular releases, these tarballs contain installation
instructions that should be sufficient for the vast majority of Linux
distributions.

For distributions which support RPM (Red Hat, SUSE, Mandriva, etc.),
repositories can be found here:

http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/repositories/rpm/lsb-beta/

Repository description files compatible with yum can be found there for
each architecture supported by the LSB.

Debian packages repositories are not ready yet; we expect to be able to
release these with full Debian apt repositories.  In the meantime, users
of Debian and its derivatives (such as Ubuntu) are encouraged to use the
tarball bundles.

Finally, the packages themselves are available, including source
packages, here:

Application Battery:
http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/app-battery/beta/
SDK: http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/lsbdev/beta/
Tests: http://ftp.linuxfoundation.org/pub/lsb/test_suites/beta/

--
Jeff Licquia
The Linux Foundation
licquia at linuxfoundation.org

Linux Foundation Events Schedule:  events.linuxfoundation.org