[lsb-discuss] LSB tests integrated in ROSA development cycle

Denis Silakov dsilakov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 09:34:21 UTC 2013

Hi all,

A news for those who is interested in how LSB tests are used in
different distributions - as a proof of concept, we've recently
implemented regular execution of the most simple tests (cmdchk and
libchk) as a part of ROSA automated testing -
http://fba.rosalinux.ru/autotest/ (click to numbers at the "Tests"
column - cmdchk and libchk are there).

Actually LSB tests have been used in ROSA for almost a year (and surely,
we try not only to use the tests, but also to improve them), but up to
now they were launched manually using DistChecker. And from now on, the
tests are launched nightly and there is a publicly available page with
regularly updated test results.

To be sure, we'll add more test suites in future. Though some suites are
very "heavy" and take too much time, but most of the tests should not
introduce many problems.

But even libchk and cmdchk already allowed us to discover a couple of
issues, one of which seems to be an upstream bug -
https://sourceforge.net/p/libpng/bugs/202/.

My personal opinion is that LSB provides one of the largest automated
test suites in the FLOSS world and it would be a mistake not to use it
in the distribution development process. Hopefully it will allow to make
our distribution better (as well as other distributions and upstream
products).

So thanks a lot for your work guys!

--
Regards,