[lsb-discuss] Fixes for LSB for SANE

Mats Wichmann mats at wichmann.us
Fri May 3 14:57:45 UTC 2013

On 04/30/2013 03:59 PM, Petrie, Glen wrote:
> Hi,
>

> For those working on LSB 5.0, I have conducted builds using LSB 5.0
> nightly builds in connect with SANE integration.  I have discovered
> three issues.   Once you have decided how to address these, I will know
> how to address SANE code.
>

> 1.	Where is "ssize_t' is defined.
>
> 	a.	For gcc it is found in '<sys/types.h>'
> 	b.	For LSB it is currently found in '<lsb/types.h> '
>
>                                                                i.
> And not in '<sys/types.h>' in LSB
>

> 2.	Where is <limits.h> included by other system header
>
> 	a.	For gcc it is found in <sys/param.h>
> 	b.	For LSB it is not part of <sys/param.h>
>

> 3.	In 2010 ifaddrs.h was removed from inclusion consideration for
> LSB 4.1
>
> 	a.	Should it be reconsidered for LSB 5.0?
>

> Other than the above, SANE compiles under LSB 5.0 nightly builds without
> any modifications.   Testing will begin tomorrow.

just a note: the development SDK snapshots (from 2 May on) now contain
all three changes.  can you let us know if this works out for you?  we
don't have another great way to test that the issues are resolved; it's
partially confirmed that it doesn't break things we regularly build (an
automatic full rebuild will happen over the weekend, unless Jeff has it
disabled for the "stable update" builds he's doing).