[lsb-discuss] what is the current libchk status in LSB 4.0 and 4.1?

Benjamin De Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Tue May 21 00:54:04 UTC 2013

> The warnings you're seeing come from C++ virtual function changes; for
> example, where a subclass implements a virtual function where it
> didn't before.  These are perfectly legal, but libchk doesn't
> currently handle them well.  That was the question I brought up on
> the conference call; we should handle these cases better.

It's a general accounting error with abstract virtuals in instantiated
templates in libchk. FWICT, This has been an issue for years on ppc64.

There's an additional issue in that one of these libstdc++ exports is
not necessary (but harmless): the ctype<char> vtable explicitly elides
the abstract base, but it is explicitly instantiated and exported just
the same. Because it's never used, it doesn't really matter what the
values are.

Please waive this Jeff.

-benjamin