[lsb-discuss] unofficial LSB conference call minutes for 9 Oct 2013

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Oct 9 18:31:19 UTC 2013

LSB teleconference

Wednesday,  9 Oct 2013 @11:00 to noon, US ET

Where:	(605) 715-4920 Access Code: 512468

Gobby:	gobby -j lsb-temp.pmman.net:6522 with passwd: LSB

IRC channels are:
 	#lsb-meeting at freenode.net during meetings
 	#lsb at freenode.net most other times

Attendees:
in the form : name (organization)  [irc_nick]
Jeff Licquia (LF)  licquia
Mats Wichmann (LSB)  mwichmann
Robert Schweikert (SuSE)  robjo
Russ Herrold (Owl River)  orc_emac

Posted Agenda:
=================

  - More GDK and GTK+ 3.0 stuff.

New business:
=============

Meeting opens at 11:00 with:

Jeff opens noting some 'typedef enum' usages are being
consistently skipped .. possibly due to a gcc parse chain
delta.  This seems like it should be addressed upstream in the
compiler, but he has committed a fix which is now causing
additional enum's to appear.  But there is a knock on effect'
a that there may be problems in other imports.  a bug filing
and bug hunt is probably in order ... but this is not a
blocker to the LSB 5 beta

Mats points out that at some point, gcc implementation
behaviour of enum's are now forced to zero.  Should we be
pedantic, and document this expectation even absent an
upstream standard requiring such behaviour?  We will note this
expectation in the next update release notes -- see bug: 2902.
(more detail: during addition of nspr4 interfaces requested by
that bug, existing enums were aligned with upstream behavior -
which was to explictly show the first enum value = 0, our
original import had not done that, though it explictly set
values for fields beyond the first.  Question was whether that
change needed errata for 4.1 specification)

Call ends at local 11:21

Weekly Bug triage:
==================
The bug tracker is at: https://bugs.linuxbase.org/
irc-only #lsb-meeting at freenode.net
Thurs at 10:00 Eastern
Bugzilla stats as of 09 Oct: 574 open, (571 last week) 572
assigned, 2 new
New last 90 days: 60, last 30: 28; closed last 90: 32, last
30: 11
Changed this week: 4, last week: 18
Bugs that are assigned but have no milestone: 228, Rollup
bugs: 20

last week's bug triage minutes:
http://www.linuxbase.org/irc/meetbot/lsb-meeting/2013/lsb-meeting.2013-10-03-14.00.html
Text: