[lsb-discuss] ISO standards for LSB standards after 3.1?

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Fri Sep 27 15:48:55 UTC 2013

Mats Wichmann wrote:

> There's been a couple of spurts of interest in reviving this track, if
> you have reason to care, a comment here would be added to the tally...

I have some reason, though it's not crucial. Siemens, my employer, likes
being able to quote standards compliance, and complying with an ISO standard
means something to a lot of people who have not heard of LSB.

It's also helpful to me in trying to get more parts of the company to use
LSB standards - but LSB 3.1 is getting to be somewhat obsolete. Having an
ISO standard number for LSB 5.0 would help me, a bit, with persuading
people to adopt it.

--
John Dallman