[lsb-discuss] ISO standards for LSB standards after 3.1?

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Fri Sep 27 16:45:08 UTC 2013

Mats Wichmann wrote:

> c++11 is not in the 5.0 roadmap, fwiw.

Oh, dear. That may force me to abandon the use of LSB.

I produce software components that are written in C and C++. Some parts of the
company are very keen to use C++11 features in new code. If I can't keep C++11
code out of those components until I have an LSB that supports them, then I
won't be able to use LSB for them.

If the situation is that LSB will never support C++11, I should start making my
plans to drop LSB now.

--
John Dallman