[lsb-discuss] Don't blame LSB and standards, please: was: Re: Fedora Plasma Product, feedback please

Hohndel, Dirk dirk.hohndel at intel.com
Tue Apr 1 00:26:08 UTC 2014

On 3/31/14, 4:52 PM, ""Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 03/31/2014 11:06 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
>> it generally doesn't result in changes that lead to
>> unification, at least not as far as the big picture is concerned.
>
>By now people should be aware of the changes taking place on the
>core/baseOS level so if downstream distribution building upon the
>components where the fragmentation is seizing to exist, like it or not,
>admitting it or not the undisputed fact is those distributions are being
>unified up to certain extent which honestly is not a bad thing, it truly
>is a win win situation for everybody and the linux ecosystem in whole.

SHOULD being the operative word.
Following this email thread I find it encouraging how many things you
are able to state as fact and out of the depth of knowledge that clearly
shows your commitment to the process of standardization and the promise
of active contribution.
I look forward to seeing your participation and help to the team.

/D